Priceless moment - Tun M



Yeay! Lihat lah betapa gembiranya hati saya dapat bergambar dengan Tun Mahathir. Idola saya sejak zaman sekolah lagi. (Pizli, mesti cakap aku obsess he he)

Big thanks to Kak Fazlina Jaafar of CEO’s Office and Kak Wan Asmanizan for the opportunity. Without u two, I won’t be able to experience this (Cewah sounds like giving out speech kan?). For letting me be Tun M liaison Officer (though most of the duties was just following around wherever Tun goes)

I am one of LO yang tak tukar VVIP. Orang lain banyak kali ada changes in their VVIP but me? Sungguh gila kuasa tak nak tukar kan?

Tun M visited us for opening the Super Nano Capasitor Lab, research of Prof Dino Isa and his team.

I’ve met Tun M once in UKM, but this is the first time Tun coming to UNiM. Everybody was so anxious, overwhelmed and excited about this.

Kak faz offered came when I was in Ipoh. Balik kampong. Kak Faz, thru FB chat asked me if I want to be the usherette for Tun M. Hey!! Why should I not accept it? :P

The fun part in the event was, I have to be near Tun M no matter where. So, I have to run as fast as I can. If Tun takes elevator in first floor to the G floor, I have to take the stairs and be at G floor before he comes out from the elevator.

Luckily UNiM only has 2 floors. Not only running upstairs downstairs, I have to run across the campus from Block D and Solar Cabin to Block A again. Ya Allah, imagine running in high heels. Tun rode Volvo from block D to block A while me and Kak Ina ran as fast as we can. In the midst of our marathon, we took off our shoes. Then only I realized that other VIPs were having their refreshment at Block B. Embarrassed. I put on my shoes back.

The real torture just about to begin. Suddenly I saw Tun’s bodyguards already running. Alamak panic attack. Sambil menjerit2 nama Kak Ina, asked her to be faster so that we can be at lobby before Tun M arrives with the Volvo.

Tercungap2 di buatnya. Sambil di gelakkan oleh bodyguard Tun dan menggelakkan diri sendiri we all tease bg tun jugak because all of us were already sweating like hell! Tun arrived. Dia senyum je. Agaknya dah tau kerja2 Body Guard dia yang selalu belari ke sana sini. Lepas tu tengok pulak ada minah2 ni sekali. .muke mengah je (confirm berlari2 jugak)

Before Tun M arrived UNiM that afternoon, Kak Wan ada minta aku buat “kerja jahat” sikit. Katanya, to tell Tun M that we, the usherettes want to take picture with him. She consistently emphasis the word “we” instead of “I”. He he..ok ok kak..I got it..Wakatta! Araso.

This part was the most challenging for me. When do I tell Tun? How do I tell him? What is the best way to tell him? Ayooo..!! Finally, I made my mind. I want to ask the BG. Because during Tun M gave his speech, I was standing beside his BG yang quite handsome. (bwekk..saje je..). Kak Ina, takde keje encourage diriku mengorat plak..

So at lab, I started masuk jarum kat Tun’s BG….introduction session :P

Finally at solar cabin the other BG told me that we need to ask the DSP permission first.

Kak Ina played her part, asked the DSP, and get his permission. Berseloroh dengan kak Ina, the DSP said, kalau satu orang ambil gambar, kena bayar RM10. Honestly kalau kena bayar RM 20 pun, memang akan ku berlari ke office amik wallet.

While Tun in Great Hall for refreshment. Usherette, started to take pictures here and there. Bising la pulak. J Sorry Tun, we were excited to have you here.

Then when Tun walked out from Great Hall, we already in our position to take photos. Wah, masing2 selagi boleh nak berdiri sebelah Tun, malangnya, sebelah Tun M, spot itu telah diambil oleh En. Husni from SAHZ and Ian Pashby. Semua melepas ha ha ha.

So inilah gambar tersebut...(me behind Tun M yeay!)

After that session, we shake hand with Tun. Memang very gedik sungguh usherettes (including ME!). Pada masa inilah yang tahap tak tahu malu dah dalam hidup ku mencapai tahap

maksimum. Dengan tak malunya aku cakap,

“Tun, can I take pictures with you?”

He replied “Yes, of course.” Sambil senyum.

Without wasting more time, I handed my camera to….Who? Serious I can’t remember. Horrible kan me? J

The next thing I know, I was in cloud 9. La la la la la la……

Tun departed from UNiM at 5.30pm. We line up at the lobby then once again we shake hand and say good bye to Tun. Please come again Tun M.

Comments

Anonymous said…
gila tahap gaban..waaaa
Nini Yusoff said…
ahakz..org obses mmg macam ni..hehe

Popular Posts